Monday, September 28, 2009

September 28,2009

Well, we made another trip to the city today. We are still in the hospital waiting to get the ball rolling as usual.

The last week went by so fast with Bryon home and and feeling well. He tried to stay active and involved and we have so much fun driving to Logan together for his speech therapy. He starts Occupational therapy this week to help him work on control his hand and legs tremors. This means we will be in Logan 3-4 days a week for the next little while. The speech therapist explained Bryons evaluation to us. She said that due to his lack of an attention span and delayed reaction time, his driving priveledges have been revoked. This is only until he can get his mind to multitask, and therapy should help a lot with that. If this is really the case then we should all have our licenses taken away....I have been accused of lacking some focus in my time and I seem to function.

In the mean time Bryon is getting excited about the family's annual trip to Salmon, Idaho for a week long fishing trip. We won't be able to take a trailer this year, but since his whole family goes up together, I am sure someone will have room for him. The kids are excited about it too, because they get to do trick or treating to all the trailers in the parking lot. They get more candy from the handful of trailers at Cache Bar than you would combing the entire city of Weston, ID. It will be good for Bryon to get back to what he loves and that's bringing in a wild steel head trout. By the way, Bryon isn't going to work anymore so he won't turn down any invites to go fishing unless hunting gets in the way. I found it very funny that we trust Bryon with a gun, but his employer doesn't trust him with a screw driver.

I just want to ask everyone to please pass this blog on to anyone you know and encourage them to participate in the auction. Donated items are wonderful and much appreciated. If we can get people bidding too, that would really boost things for my cousin. She has already bid on two items in her own auction, maybe we should show a little support for Christina. Thanks for all your efforts cousin, they don't go unnoticed.

Well, it is almost lunch time and I had better get back and see if Bryon wants food! We will update the blog if something should go out of the ordinary.

3 comments:

  1. Who is Bryon's OT and Speech Therapist? We go to Logan every other Thursday for OT, too, for Mason. I am glad you're able to have Bryon home. I'll bet the girls have enjoyed seeing him more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryon see's Diane for OT (she only has one arm)and Audrey or Kathy for speech. I can't remember the last names but they work in the spinal injury and rehabilitation part of the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear you on the driving thing. I am so unfocused when I drive sometimes too, especially when I have all the kids with me. The difference is that Bryon is under medical care and I'm not so I can get away with it lol. I am glad that he is feeling good enough to hang out with you guys and I hope you all have an awsome time fishing.

    ReplyDelete