Wednesday, April 7, 2010

NEW TOPICS!

I know it has been way too long since I gave you an update, but you'll be happy to know everything is smoothing out quite nicely. The second MRI was no different than the first, and the drug company paid for it along with an echo cardiogram that is required yearly. Treatment continues and Bryon feels like maybe he is ready to take on household responsibilities. I am grateful for that since I have been begging him to let me get a job for the last two years and he has finally granted my request. I turned in an application today and was told that I was more than likely to be hired on graveyard at Schreiber Foods. HURRAY FOR HEALTH BENEFITS!!

Our predicament now is that Bryon still has to go to SLC on Mondays for treatment. If I get the graveyard shift I will be able to take him, but was wondering if we could get any volunteers to to help out if needed? We have wonderful family members who said I should go ahead and get the job and we'll work the rest out later. It is now officially later, for me anyway, so if you feel you need to get out of town on someone else's dime and car let me know.

AUCTION NOTICE!!

There will be no more auction items put out for Bryon's cause. We feel that we are no longer the ones in most need of help and would like to use the online auction and remaining items to better serve a friend who is just starting the same journey as Bryon. Kris Cole is 19 years old and has recently been diagnosed with a stage 4 glioblastoma tumor. He has had one surgery and is currently undergoing radiation therapy. When the radiation is complete, he will have a month off and then start a clinical drug trial at McKay Dee Hospital in Ogden, UT. Anything auctioned on this blog will go directly to his travel expenses and needs during this difficult time. I also want everyone to know you can donate $5.00 at Hansen's Glass & Paint store in Preston, ID and receive a black bracelet that says'Fight The Fight KC #24' on it. It is an awesome way to show your support for all cancer patients who are fighting for their lives. If you have any items you would like to donate please email me or leave a comment on this post. Thanks for everything, and stay tuned for further updates on Bryon and Kris.

sarakay@plmw.com

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope the job works out. That will go a long way toward making things seem normal - especially with some income coming in. It's great that Bryon is doing so well. Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I've never met Bryon, really, but I would love to help, if he's comfortable with the fact that a strange woman, literally and figuratively, would be driving him around. :)

    My schedule isn't too bad right now - I have Taylee (our granddaughter) 8 days a month, but only one of those is a Monday (Stacie is at Presto and her schedule is very predictable). I have possible jury duty coming up, but am hoping the situation is pled out and the trial canceled. Either way it shouldn't last long. My semester is almost over too - just another week or so and I'm through until fall.

    So...I'd be happy to go to SL here and there as needed. Either I can stay with Bryon during the treatment or, if I'm not needed, I could hit a store or too that I rarely get to go to. Either way is fine. Let me know - 852-2468. :)

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, Patrick graduates on July 9th and then we will be flying home forever. I will be glad to help after that. As for Kris, let me just put in a plug for him. I had the pleasure of teaching him in 8th grade. Wonderful kid. If you're working as Schriebers, does that mean you'll get me discounted string cheese? Please bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cathy! I am thankful for your for offer of service. Just to warn you, the treatments are long, but not as long as they used to be. We are usually done before evening rush hour (around 3:00 PM) if we arrive at 7:30 AM. I have spoken with the staff and they said if you don't mind coming home later, arriving at 7:30 is not required. So we can be a bit flexible too. When I know more about the job I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm good with whatever. It won't be easy, but I'm thinking, it'll be easier on me than on Bryon! I have plenty of stuff I can take to work on, so no worries about that. Let me know...

    ReplyDelete