Saturday, October 23, 2010

Honorable Mention

Business first: The next MRI will be in the first weeks of December at a new hospital that is covered by our insurance. Dr. Jensen at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital will still be Bryon's primary physician. Hurray...now on to more exciting news.

Bryon and I have been asked to participate in an interview with Myrexis; the drug company formally known as Myriad and the creators of Azixa.(The wonder drug that Bryon's trial was based on.)Typically when a company has success in a clinical trial they tend to publish the results and make it public what happened during the trial. The purpose of the interview would be to get a patients perspective regarding how the drug (azixa) changed their life. Myrexis would like to get a quote or two from us which they would include in the articles made in a formal report of the drug trial.

I received this request in my email today and didn't know what to think of it, but it sure makes me proud of Bryon and how strong his faith must have been in order to keep going when the cancer got tough. He really is a trooper and I hope he is proud of himself for all that he has done for himself, his family, and other patients needing to be treated. Even if he decides not to participate in the interview it is a huge deal to be considered for something like this and it proves he really is a super hero. My hero!

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool! However, it would be even cooler if the interview took place in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I have some room to negotiate for our words of wisdom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is my favorite hero! Well maybe after Tom Petty. But he is definitely second on my list!

    ReplyDelete