Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Concert Event

Who: Stay For The Summer & The Side Kicks

What: Benefit party and social for Kris Cole

Where: 293 S. 2nd E. Weston, ID

When: July 10, 2010

6:00pm for food
7:30pm for the concert

All this can be yours with a donation to the Kris Cole 'Fight the Fight' Fund.

Bring yourself a drink, a blanket, and your wallet. This is going to be a hell of a good time while raising money for Kris. Look forward to dutch oven potatoes and ribs and brisket while they last. You may bring your own meat since there will be a grill available. If you can't make it to the shin dig but would like to donate, please email Sara at sarakay@plmw.com or call 208-747-3907. We still need side dishes(green salad would be fine), plates, utensils, cups, beverage dispensers, and more meat for cooking.

Younger (teenage) participants are invited since the music being performed serves more to their tastes. I describe it as punk rock, but the drummer said it is more "edgy" than that. Whatever that means. There may be an acoustic session provided by members of Stay For the Summer if I can talk them into it. Please invite anyone and everyone so this can be a success.

8 comments:

  1. No, but it is just down the hill from my house. If you get lost you can always go to my house and find it from there. The host is my neighbor, Walt Povey. They have had bands perform in their yard before so they were happy to be apart of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've got Stay for the Summer coming! They are awesome, and I think they have some music anyone could enjoy. Talented, talented, talented!

    Is Walt Povey related to Hank Povey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes he is...how I am not sure. Brothers maybe? Are you & Dan going to make an appearance, Kel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure yet. That's the weekend I've got to head back to Wyoming, but I'm not sure which day I'm leaving. And if Walt is Hank's brother, I may not be allowed on the premises ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, also just FYI because it's kind of in my field: 1) Radio stations will advertise for this type for event for free-call and ask them about Public Service Announcements.2)I'm sure you could get the Preston Citizen to do a feature story on Kris before the benefit, which would help attendance.Talk to the editor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found out my dutch oven potato guy who was providing 90% of the potatoes is not coming. I don't know if more people is a good thing or not now.

    ReplyDelete