Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Week 2

This post was done the old fashioned way by simply copy and pasting from our other blog. I only did that because of the amount of time I don't have to fill up two blogs with the same information, only worded differently. Forgive me, but at least your up to date.

So, when it rains, it pours at the Gundersen home. So many silly little things have gone on in just the last 5 days. I am not going to dwell on the specifics much. I am really just worn out from it all.

Saturday, due to an act of heroic parenting, I sprained my ankle. Audrey was indoors crying, I was outdoors breathing and getting educated on tree pruning. I ran quickly to see what all the fuss was about and I jumped over a rock and landed in the sandy confines of my driveway. My ankle rolled, my body fell, and I just cried for mommy. Turns out it wasn't broken, and if I applied pressure on it, it would heal faster. As of today I have lost my limp.

Monday morning, Bryon and I drug ourselves out the door at 5 AM to make the journey down to Salt Lake. The morning weather wasn't all bad, and Bryon said he felt confident to drive. We hopped in the truck and were on our way. The roads weren't bad till we got into Ogden. They started getting icy and I was a bit concerned when I noticed a warning sign just before the Roy exit, but it was too late. The back end of the truck started to fish tail and I just braced myself with my eyes closed. When it was all over, Bryon and I looked at each other and asked how we had crossed 3 lanes of freeway traffic and not hurt anyone, or ourselves. The only damage was a dent on the front passenger side where we had demolished a reflector pole. Had there been no damage we would have just gone on our way, but someone had to pay for the stupid pole.

Since we were delayed several hours, the treatment did not get started till 10 AM. Even though we were now present and accounted for, the lab was running late. So, Bryon's blood tests took about an hour to come back. The whole process lingered until 9 PM. By then, the nurse told us to just stay the night as guests of the hospital. The room was no charge.

In addition to this post I would like to announce that there will be a benefit breakfast coming up soon. The event has been taken over by Amy Gittens, who is a dear friend to the Gundersen family. The date has been pushed back to some time in June, but will happen none the less. Also, remember to pass on info to Amber Swann if you want to help with her yard sale in May. She is gathering items to sell and explains that it is a good way to clean out your basement or garage. I fyou live in the Boise area she needs your help. Please leave comments on the blog as this is the best way to get in touch with anyone involved in fundraisers. Thank you everyone for your loving support.

3 comments:

  1. Can your dad make chocolate chips cookies for the breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just decided that you need to add a theme song to this blog. I know the perfect song too!!! It's my all time favorite song, "I Won't Back Down" by our all time favorite person Tom Petty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen to that Janie!!!! perfect song!!!!

    ReplyDelete