Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26, 2009

Today was an awesome day in Salt Lake. The treatment went very quick and Bryon got some good rest in. We would have made it home in record time, but it was such a beautiful evening Bryon suggested we drive through Weston Canyon to get home. It was well worth it. Once we got home and picked up the girl's, Bryon decided he felt good enough to go to work. He got dressed, grabbed a Coke, and headed out the door! How awesome is that?!

Dr. Akerley, who is over the clinical trial, stopped in for the first time in 10 weeks. He said he couldn't believe how good Bryon looked, acted, spoke, and moved. He said his balance was right on and he couldn't really tell a difference between hand functions. The right one is gaining strength and is keeping up with the left very well. With nothing but positive comments and the sun shinning, it made for a wonderful day for Bryon. His goal now is to get back on top of his projects at work. He missed quite a bit of time since the port got put in and he doesn't want Schreiber's to stop relying on him. It is still a second home to him.

So, Congratulations Bryon!! You are finally able to do things on your own terms with smile on your face! Rock on!

6 comments:

  1. Soooooo good to hear! We love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is incredible! I'm sohapy to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Bryon! I'm sure it's the Coke that's helping the most! Have you been able to meet any of the other patients involved in the clinical trial? I just wondered how Bryon's progress is compared to theirs. I hope they are all doing as well as he is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been out of the loop for a while now. I lost contact when the family blog went private. I am excited to have found this site so I can keep up on the progress. It sounds like you might be up for a cookout again this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fitting that another blog that I have open in a different window is playing the song "You Raise me Up"! That is exactly how I feel about you guys! Great news to hear that all is going good! That is so very exciting!

    ReplyDelete